Year End Giving
Tax statements were sent last week to all those who gave to St. Pascal's over the past year. Many thanks for your generosity throughout 2019. We have received questions about the following two areas:
- Parish giving statements do not reflect charitable distributions since the IRA or trust organization is responsible for issuing tax statements. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding charitable distributions.
- Since the parish school closed as of June 30, 2019, St. Pascal's parish is not able to accept split checks or donations to the Regional School; a separate business entity. If you have questions about your contribution either the parish school (given before July 1) or the new school (after July 1), please contact Leah Eviston in the Regional School office.
I hope this clarifies any questions you may have.
Blessings to you - Theresa Ruttger, Business Administrator
Apostolic Letter:“APERUIT ILLIS”
Given in Rome, at the Basilica of Saint John Lateran, on 30 September 2019, the liturgical Memorial of Saint Jerome, on the inauguration of the 1600th anniversary of his death.
Winter Weather and Office Closure
On those days when the St. Paul Public School District closes city schools due to weather, it is the practice of St. Pascal Regional Catholic School to close its school as well. When this happens, all school and parish activities and meetings will be cancelled. The building may also be closed at the discretion of the pastor or business administrator. Daily Mass will be offered on weather-related days assuming that the Pastor/Presider can get to the church.
Baby Bottle Fundraiser, January 5-26
Supporting the work of Options for Women East LifeCare Center, 891 White Bear Ave, St. Paul.
Options for Women East offers services and resources at no cost to women who are unexpectedly pregnant. After all the Masses this weekend, pick up a plastic baby bottle, take it home and fill it with cash or a check, and then bring back the bottle by January 26 and deposit it into the large receptacle in the Gathering Space. If you prefer, give electronically here.
Marian Center Mass & Dessert: Now on the 2nd Thursday of the Month!
200 Earl Street (between Burns Ave. & Thorn St.)
Thursday, January 9 at 1:30 PM
Join St. Pascal Friends for dessert on the second Thursday of each month. Come and enjoy some time with your parish friends and invite anyone who might be interested in seeing folk from St. Pascal’s. Mass is celebrated daily at 1:00 PM at Marian Center.
Upcoming St. Pascal Events
Our 10th Taste of St. Pascal Potluck Dinner
Sunday, February 23 from 4:00-6:00 PM in Brioschi Hall
Can you help with our fabulous all-parish multi-cultural potluck dinner?
- Take sign ups after Masses the weekends of February 8-9, and/or February 15-16
- Help with set up at 3:00 PM
- Greet Guests
- Help in the kitchen before and/or during the dinner service
- Help to clean up…. hopefully done by 7:00 PM!
Contact Toni Baker if you can help with entertainment, set up (3:00-4:00 PM), serving or clean up (6:00-7:00 PM).
Friends and Family Event—The 2nd Running of “Off to the Races”
Saturday, April 18 at 5:30 PM in Brioschi Hall
Now all we need to make this a success is YOU! We need your help to run all the games, dessert auction, registration, selling tickets and more. If you would like to help in the planning or help on the day of the event, please let us know. We can use donations of gift cards for prizes and for the games.
VIRTUS: Protecting God’s Children
Volunteer Training Session
Saturday, February 29, from 9:00 AM-Noon in Brioschi Hall
The Archdiocesan Office for the Protection of Children and Youth (OPCY) requires that adults working with children and youth or vulnerable adults fulfill the Essential 3 requirements (for new volunteers) or the Enhanced Essential 3 (for current volunteers). For more information on VIRTUS and volunteer requirements click here.