The Pastoral Council is an advisory council to the Pastor regarding the mission and goals of the parish.
2023-2024 Pastoral Council Members
Bill Brino, Jaci Bush, Colleen Cullen, Regina Head, Peter Hommes, Ann Karner (Chair), John Muggee, John Scanlon, Diane Schroepfer, Patrick Stuhl, Bill Trcka, Vicky Westenhofer, and Anne Weyandt.
If you have questions or a topic for the Parish Council to discuss, please contact Ann Karner, Council Chair, at [email protected].
Our Mission, Vision and Values
(Adopted by the Parish Pastoral Council in June 2016).
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, the Catholic Community of St. Pascal Baylon follows the mandate of Jesus Christ to proclaim and work to bring about the Kingdom of God in the East Metro area. We accomplish this by celebrating prayerful liturgy and providing faith formation for all ages. We enrich our community through hospitality and pastoral care. We respect the God-given dignity of everyone by welcoming their gifts and talents and working for social justice.
St. Pascal Baylon Catholic Church is a parish attuned to the needs, hopes and dreams of our parishioners and neighbors and possessed of the resources to respond to them.
As a Catholic community we value:
- Liturgical celebrations that draw us into prayer and reflection and which inspire us to reach beyond our walls.
- A universally welcoming community offering hospitality to all.
- Life-long faith formation that fosters a sense of responsibility, gratitude, and mission.
- The dignity of all persons by focusing on social justice and acts of charity.
- Competent, progressive leadership that will draw out and welcome the gifts and talents of the entire community.
Parish Pastoral Council Updates
Updates for the most recent meetings are below. View updates and minutes for past meetings here.
If you have questions or a topic for the Council to discuss, please contact Ann Karner, Council Chair, at [email protected].
June 5, 2023
- plans for implementing the Archdiocesan Synod Year 1 goal of starting small groups in our parish
- plans to recruit small group leaders during the summer
- plans to start small group meetings in Lent 2024
- best practices for encouraging and welcoming new parishioners
- confirmed continuity of Pastoral Council chairperson, vice chairperson and secretary positions for 2023-24
- updates from active parish groups and committees, updates on parish facilities and finances
May 2, 2023
- Update and progress regarding the Archdiocesan Synod
- Results and feedback from the Friends and Family event on April 22
- Involvement of Parish Council members at Fellowship weekends
- Updates from active parish groups and committees
- Updates on parish facilities and finances
The Pastoral Council did not meet in April in observance of Holy Week and Easter.
March 7, 2023
- Father John asked the Council if they would like to meet next Fall during his sabbatical absence. Since the Council advises the pastor, and since he will be absent, maybe Council meetings next Fall could have the purpose of information sharing rather than advisory to the pastor. The Council will make a decision about Fall meetings at their April meeting.
- The Council received updates from the liaisons for the Women’s Club (Carmen Alvarez Poppert), Men’s Club (John Scanlon), Adult Faith Formation (Jaci Bush), Parish Activities Committee (Pat Stuhl), Liturgy and Music (Colleen Cullen) and Social Justice & Caring Committee (Ann Karner).
- Parish finances were looking good during February, and we have made progress on closing the gap in budgeted income for Sunday giving.
- The Council heard an update about the water leak on the weekend of March 3, the damaged areas, and the repair work that has begun. The insurance claims process has been smooth and responsive.
- The Council continued discussing plans for recruiting new Council members for 2023-24.
February 7, 2023
- Communion from the cup will resume beginning on Holy Thursday.
- Free jigsaw puzzle exchange organized by the Women’s Club will take place on February 19.
- The Men’s Club will offer Fish Fry meals on the Fridays of Lent.
- A Lenten Parish Mission, “Water, Light and Life” will take place the four Monday evenings of March.
- Continued discussion of the updating of our Parish Council Constitution and By-laws.
- Discussion of recruiting new members for the Parish Council for 2023-24.
January 3, 2023
- Discussion about the finalization of plans for implementation of Archdiocesan Synod and training of Synod Evangelization Team.
- Sale of the Ryan Field property - our commercial property realtor, Cushman & Wakefield, continues to market the property for sale.
- 2022 Christmas Mass attendance numbers were very good, and the Council discussed plans for Christmas 2023 Mass scheduling since December 25, 2023 occurs on a Monday.
- The Council received updates from active Parish groups/committees.
- The Council continued discussion on updates to the Parish Council By-Laws.
December 6, 2022
- In Spring, the Ramsey Washington Metro Watershed District will plant three triumph elm trees in the tree boxes in the center of the parking lot and four pinnacle birch trees in the landscape buffer strip along Third Street
- Father John is forming a parish Synod Evangelization Team to discern ways to implement the Archdiocesan Synod pastoral letter in our parish and work in collaboration with the parish council, parish staff and parish leadership groups
- The council heard updates from liaisons to the Women’s Club, Men’s Club, Adult Faith Formation Committee, Parish Activities Committee, and the Social Justice and Caring Committee; discussion of updates to the Parish Council By-Laws
October 4, 2022
- The Council discussed an update of the Tree Trench/Rain Garden project on the church parking lot.
- The Council discussed plans for implementation of the Archdiocesan synod.
- The Council discussed plans for the Ryan Field property.
- The Council received updates from active Parish groups and committees.
September 6, 2022
- The Parish Council discussed plans for the upcoming Fall Festival on October 9.
- The Parish Council discussed plans for implementation of the Archdiocesan synod.
- The Parish Council discussed plans for the rollout of the Parish Strategic Plan.