The Pastoral Council is an advisory council to the Pastor regarding the mission and goals of the parish.
2017-2018 Pastoral Council Members
Parish Pastoral Council Updates
Updates for the previous six meetings are below. View updates and minutes prior to six months here.
March 5, 2019
- Father John will present the lease agreement to the School Board the week of March 11th for the Archdiocese Regional School opening the 2019-20 school year at St. Pascal.
- The Charter School Committee has sent an approved application to the State of MN and will commence working in hopes of opening a charter school for the 2020-21 school year at another site.
- Five new handicap spaces will be added by the playground when weather permits to accommodate the closing of the Conway doors during Masses starting the weekend of March 9-10.
- A ten-year Maintenance Plan has been established which will cost approximately $100,000 per year to attend to needed repairs of our building and outdoor spaces in a timely fashion.
January 8, 2019
- The lease agreement for our independent school is being written, will be reviewed by a lawyer, and presented to the School Board for approval this spring.
- Many capital fund maintenance projects are being completed or will be done in the near future. These include the exterior wall, water fountain and sink plumbing pipes beneath the floor, windows by the art room, and motion sensing lighting by the gym, art room, and in the hallways.
- The Parish Council will be reviewing/revising its Strategic Plan for the parish and its own By Laws in the coming months.
October 13, 2018
- Another town meeting about our school's future will be presented in the near future when our parish/school audit is completed, which should be by the end of November.
- We are Nathan Pacer's visiting parish. Nathan is a first year seminarian and will be visiting our parish monthly starting the weekend of October 13-14 for the next four years. Please welcome him warmly.
- Preschool enrollment below 40 will require staff adjustments.
- Fr. John will be installed by Archbishop Hebda as our new parish pastor November 4th at the 8:45 Mass. All are welcome to attend.
September 4, 2018
- Fr. John thanked all for their warm welcome to him. He wants us to know that his approach to pastoring is more marathon-like, so expect no quick changes.
- Our parish/school audit is currently in process. Theresa Ruttger noted that expenses will have to be added for facilities maintenance projects, including tuck-pointing and flashing repair.
- Three events are scheduled for the remainder of 2018 in Adult Faith Formation. Oct. 23 evening presentation by Matt Reichert from St. John's University on accompaniment. 2) the annual Women's Retreat on Nov. 8, featuring Susan Stabile. 3) the annual Advent Reflection with Archbishop Hebda on Dec. 17.
June 12, 2018
- With the Finance Council budget passed for next year, we are on track to hire a new Pastoral Minister of help with organizing, coordinating, and training volunteers in our many ministries at St. Pascal.
- Steve Carroll, School Board Chair, will hire an interim Advancement Director and a School Principal for the 2018-19 school year by July. Laurie Jennrich, our current school principal, had taken a new role in our pre-school program.
- Fr.Luke Hansen, SJ and Connie Walsh will present "Mary Magdalene" July 22nd in Brioschi Hall.
- Our Social Justice committee has requested prayers and support for Listening House (a day time drop-in safe place for the homeless located in First Lutheran Church at Marie and East 7th Street).
- The School Board raised the necessary funds to keep St.Pascal Baylon School open in its current configuration for the 2018-19 school year. Special thanks to all contributors!
- Options are being discussed for the 2019-20 school year which include continuing raising developmental funds to keep the school's current configuration or investigating a possible public Values Based Charter school in our school space. Much work needs to be accomplished to reach either goal, so expect updates and parish meetings as time progresses.
- The parish council has recommended an outside audit of our parish/school finances.
- The School Board met March 10th for a retreat to discuss how they could raise $400,000 by March 24th to keep St. Pascal Baylon School open in its current configuration for the 2018-19 school year. (They did raise the needed money and the school will be open in its current grade configuration for next year). They also discussed whether it was time to explore creating a public Values Based Charter School for our school space for the 2019-20 school year.
- The plowing contract has been amended to include snow removal from the White Bear Ave. sidewalk.
- Mary Worley, Director of Development for St Pascal School, left her position April 1, 2018 because her three year GHR grant for her salary had expired. Thank you for your service, Mary.
- Sharon Balcom, Music and Liturgy Director, will cut her position to Music Director only sometime this summer. Interviews to fill a part time position for the Liturgy part of her job have begun.
- Discernment Evening for open positions on the Parish and Finance Councils is scheduled for May 7th.